Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: “Look What You’re Missing" - Series 2 starts this Saturday  (Read 25033 times)

Offline corne.l

in vino veritas, in cervesio felicitas

Yamaha XT1200Z (2010) - SOLD
Yamaha XT660Z (2009) - SOLD
BMW F650GS Dakar (2004) - SOLD

Offline AdrianL

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Just saying....
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2015, 12:55:46 pm »
Warren....you must have a KTM there somewhere.....otherwise why the need for a trailer ?  :peepwall:

Offline BennNevis

• Race Dog
so let me try and get this...
2SD is upset because the guys are using BMWs in the video? Think its advertising? Really?

So these guys that I both know from the BMW Club WC spend their own money and time and bikes and you complain because why? They are not forcing you to watch their passion nor are they asking your assistance in any way, say nothing and go and make your own if it is too upsetting for you to stomach. You manage to bring negativity to most things you comment on.  

Offline LeeMichael

2SD is upset because the guys are using BMWs in the video? Think its advertising? Really?

So these guys that I both know from the BMW Club WC spend their own money and time and bikes and you complain because why? They are not forcing you to watch their passion nor are they asking your assistance in any way, say nothing and go and make your own if it is too upsetting for you to stomach. You manage to bring negativity to most things you comment on.  

Don't wake him.... He seems quiet  :amazon:

Offline Warren Ellwood

Re: Just saying....
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2015, 01:52:46 pm »
Warren....you must have a KTM there somewhere.....otherwise why the need for a trailer ?  :peepwall:

Not sure about the trailer, but I have it in my plans to own an Orange Beast, one day when I'm big.

It almost happened not long after Johan bought his, but the whole thing fell through. In fact the missus talks often of an Orange bike, though she is besotted with the Duke, and that is not going to last too long where I like to ride  :P.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline Lourens ツ

Subscribed!  :thumleft:

Loved the teasers on youtube.
Lourens de Lange

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve

And the only time you comment, is when I commented negatively. Is it only me keeping you on this forum? Also ironic how well the producers of the film I'm commenting
negatively on, is handling my criticism, while you are ranting on. :thumleft:

Offline BennNevis

• Race Dog
So if you stop, I'll stop

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve

Offline Henk Kotzee

• Puppy
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Mostly good, thank you all, we will do all we can to incorporate everyone's interest and most of all entertain you and show you the lesser known wonders in the areas we visit

Offline Warren Ellwood

A little video from the last weekend's work, a little more somber than most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=131&v=tbB76H2s2Gk

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:57:46 am by Warren Ellwood »
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline Komin

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Stay safe inside insanity
Shot Warren I for one will be watching never mind what brand.

Jirre tog Oom Dan.
I'm not totally useless - I can be used as a bad example

Offline 0012

• Double-oh-Tkwarf
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Race the rain. Ride the wind. Chase the sunset.
Mmmmmm

:sip:
->    TransAlp 650 - sold
:(    Yamaha XT1200Z - written off - R.I.P.

Offline Black_Hawk

• BackroadRiderZA
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com
    • My Towns A to Z
Another awesome teaser for what we can expect soon on TV....  :thumleft:
Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com

2010 F650GS (Sold), 2009 BMW F800GS, 2002 BMW F650GS (Sold), 1982 Honda XR200R, 1983 Honda XL600R

Offline 0012

• Double-oh-Tkwarf
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Race the rain. Ride the wind. Chase the sunset.
Another awesome teaser for what we can expect soon on TV....  :thumleft:

Just watched some on Youtube, really can't wait for October!
->    TransAlp 650 - sold
:(    Yamaha XT1200Z - written off - R.I.P.

Offline Warren Ellwood

A few updates on our little project.

So firstly, we lost one of our bigger potential backers due to the effects of the economy at present. When I say backers, I really mean advertisers. The idea has always been to sell the airtime around the program to raise funds and despite Trevor giving really good deals to companies, including making the actual advert(s) for free, times are very tough out there at the moment and people are turning over every penny twice, so our idea, is not working like we thought it would. It was also a good friend of ours so we know the situation is real.

But we can now announce that BMW Motorrad has agreed to help us with the broadcast costs of the series. The “deal” for lack of a better word actually comes from BMW Head Office in Munich, but we have had a lot of support from Motorrad SA as well during the whole process of dotting the i’s crossing the t’s. So we now in fact have a motorcycle brand helping us financially to some extent. Saves me from filling in the extra home loan forms on my desk.

We also have our airtime dates for the first 6 episodes in black and white finally. A little earlier than planned but as we have 4 episodes finished, and some of 5 and 6, we are good for time for 2015. In fact we hope to be well into filming 7 and 8 and even 9 by the time it is aired.

Episode 1, Channel 189 Ignition.

Sat 26th September 4am, Sun 27th 9pm, Mon 28th 5am & 4pm, Wed 30th 12pm, Thur 1st 10am, Frid 2nd 2am & 10pm.

The scheduled times stay the same for the next 5 weeks after this with a new episode being aired every week.

This journey has so far been much tougher than I had ever imagined and at times I have felt like a boxer, and a bad one at that. It has seemed like every time we get up, we get punched, every time we get punched, we find another reason to get up.

But every day we take another small step closer to the dream. The dream is to be sitting on a Sunday afternoon at some remote campsite, making a cup of tea on my little methylated spirit stove, safe in the knowledge that we don’t have to be anywhere else come Monday morning, that in fact this is our new office, and we can have a different one every week if we like. For me, the world of travel documentaries is still something worth pursuing, for now.

www.facebook.com/Lookwhatyouremissing

We have uploaded quite a few small video clips, notes and news etc. lately.

Offline MiniDan

Fan-fucking-tastic!!!!!

Happy for you guys...

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
Great stuff! And it's real soon too! Congrats, you guys! I can't wait to see it.  :thumleft:

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
good for you guys!  :thumleft:

so you are saying that 2SD didn't come forward with any sponsorship?  ;) :peepwall:

Offline Buff

This is really awesome news Warren, I'm totally chuffed for you guys  :ricky:

Chase that dream, from the short segment I saw, I recon you can make it a reality  :thumleft:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!