HELP - EWS Error, bike not starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ysterballas

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I need some help solving this EWS error thing.

I have a 2013 F800GS. I came home on Monday night, no problems. Tried starting bike on Tuesday morning - no luck. When I switch the bike on, lights and system check works 100%. When I try to start the bike, all electronics (display, lights, ect.) goes dead and it makes a few clicking sounds. Then does the system check again upon letting go of the starter button. Now and then I get the yellow triangle accompanied by EWS on the display.

Bike is in daily use, battery is 100%. No problems prior to this.I read up extensively on the internet, but I do not have sufficient knowledge and understanding to figure this out. It appears to me that the Ring Antenna is malfunctioning?

This issue seems to be well described with prior models, but I guess it can happen with mine aswel. I phoned my closest dealer, and they said I have to replace my entire system and keys, and the cost will amount to R16 000!!!

What do you guys think could be the problem? Has anyone replaced just the Ring Antenna on their bikes?

Please ask about any other the details that I have left out.

???