What do I do with my crashed Transalp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamgigglz

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So yeah, I t-boned an Audi on Wednesday night. Long story short is I'm ok thanks to good gear, bike is smashed up nicely and I'm I have a feeling that my insurance isn't going to pay out. Long story, nothing dodgy.

Result: I have a 2011 Transalp 700 standing in my garden with 62000ish km on the clock and a smashed up front end. I'm pretty sure the frame is ok but that would have to be checked. The front wheel, brake disks, headlight and its little subrame, forks and tank fairing are all heavily damaged in some way. Surprisingly the front rim itself looks ok, just broken spokes. It's probably a bit twisted but definitely repairable. The clocks etc look fine and the bike turns on with no issues. I haven't started it up for fear of hidden damage. That said then engine block & covers all look 100% and it's not leaking anything.

The bike license is up to date, no fines. It's still under the bank's name but is paid for. I just haven't done the change of ownership yet.

I guess I could rebuild the front end but I just don't have the cash. Financing a new bike is actually the more financially viable option, and I've wanted an upgrade for a while anyway.

Advice?