Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wilddog Expo - could be interesting!  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Plothond

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
Re: Wilddog Expo - could be interesting!
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 08:23:14 pm »
OK, so we have quite a bit of interest.  I was even thinking that I can see if I can get hold of 1 or two guys that have the real DAKAR machines.  Maybe they will be willing to display them on the day.

We could perhaps even approach KTM and BMW and find out if they are willing to give us a close up of their new bikes such as the KTM 690 and the BMW 800GS to name a few.

I am still not sure about a venue but one or two members have suggested that we use the back of my Plot which is pretty big.  We can arrange for each vendor either to bring their own portable shade port or perhaps for those that don't have one, we could arrange one at a small fee.

Possible vendors that could be interested, but will need to check with them first

Wilddog Shop
Adventure MX
Bike Gear (SW Motech and associated products)
DS Precision Services (Runner)
GPS for Africa
Kappa
Adventure Motorcycling (CaMojo)
Dirtsure
TopBike
KTM?
BMW?
SAB Breweries

Perhaps there are even a couple of individuals who have a speciality that they would like to show off.

The whole objective of this event is to get as many WD's together as possible so that we can have a show and tell.  There are enough of us who have done plenty on our bikes (like Jules, Runner, Groenie, etc, etc) which would make it extremely interesting to chat to these guys who have made their bikes unique.  The idea is that each rider pays a small entry fee and you then park your bike in a designated area where other people can take a look at it.

Another thing that we would need to sort out is a possible date that might suite most people.  My idea would be to have it at the end of September or the beginning of October.
Fixed!

mmmmpppffffffff

...... and it's MY fault that your head hurts ???
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

Offline TT

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 07:05:59 am »
Camping gear for the Biker would be nice as well.
TT

Offline Xavier

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • - - -
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 09:35:54 am »
Our friendly game farm owner at Danielsrust wants to do more sunday get togethers (such as his last one).

Danielsrust has my vote
Those who beat their swords into plough shears, will plough for those who did not

Offline letsgofishing

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Sedgefield, Garden Route
    • http://www.mikekaplandesign.com
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 09:55:51 am »
What about the wild dog banger friendly klein karoo honey vendor?

:imaposer:

Sorry Ettienne, I'm sure you meant badger!
There is nothing you can do about the past and you can't predict the future...all you have is the now...live it to the fullest.

www.mikekaplandesign.com

Extreme Velcro

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 09:58:26 am »
WAIT - just remembered something - I'm having a huge Animal Awareness Day on the 23rd of November at Killarney Race Track down here in Cape Town with music, bands, christmas stalls, climbing walls - Bike Stuff sponsoring - car rides on the track - stunt people - the whole works.............

Why don't we combine?

Offline popipants

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • I came; I saw; I slept
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 10:04:07 am »
WAIT - just remembered something - I'm having a huge Animal Awareness Day on the 23rd of November at Killarney Race Track down here in Cape Town with music, bands, christmas stalls, climbing walls - Bike Stuff sponsoring - car rides on the track - stunt people - the whole works.............

Why don't we combine?

I can't go to Cape Town, I don't have a passport.
 :biggrin: :biggrin:
I've been on the Jameson diet for a week, so far I've lost 7 days....

Extreme Velcro

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 10:07:34 am »

Why don't we combine?

For you - we'll organise a vip visa..... :imaposer:

Offline Karl

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 10:16:42 am »
Yes, have it in CT!!!!!

Offline popipants

• I came; I saw; I slept
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 10:18:04 am »

Why don't we combine?

For you - we'll organise a vip visa..... :imaposer:

Great. But then I must do the snorkel modification to my 1150. I hear there are a lot of river crossings.
 ;D ;D

Offline mountainboy

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
  • I vespa, therefore I am, well, almost....
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 01:05:13 pm »
CT pls

not sure if my vespa can make it to Gauteng  :biggrin:
I love my bike..................

Offline Aquatic

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
    • Ratel Engineering Design
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2008, 01:22:19 pm »
Another thing that we would need to sort out is a possible date that might suite most people.  My idea would be to have it at the end of September or the beginning of October.

Watch out for GAGSC and KTMRallyRAid.

Otherwise a brilliant idea.
Looks like 2 place allready. WC and GP
The conundrum that is life...
You have to be absolutely smashed to have the guts to attempt it,
But perfectly sober to achieve any success!

Offline funacide

• Administrator
    • Mediro Business Service Management
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2008, 11:49:31 pm »
OK, so we have quite a bit of interest.  I was even thinking that I can see if I can get hold of 1 or two guys that have the real DAKAR machines.  Maybe they will be willing to display them on the day.

We could perhaps even approach KTM and BMW and find out if they are willing to give us a close up of their new bikes such as the KTM 690 and the BMW 800GS to name a few.

I am still not sure about a venue but one or two members have suggested that we use the back of my Plot which is pretty big.  We can arrange for each vendor either to bring their own portable shade port or perhaps for those that don't have one, we could arrange one at a small fee.

Possible vendors that could be interested, but will need to check with them first

Wilddog Shop
Adventure MX
GPS for Africa
Kappa
Dirtsure
TopBike
KTM?
BMW?
Namibian Breweries, Jameson and others

Perhaps there are even a couple of individuals who have a speciality that they would like to show off.

The whole objective of this event is to get as many WD's together as possible so that we can have a show and tell.  There are enough of us who have done plenty on our bikes (like Jules, Runner, Groenie, etc, etc) which would make it extremely interesting to chat to these guys who have made their bikes unique.  The idea is that each rider pays a small entry fee and you then park your bike in a designated area where other people can take a look at it.

Another thing that we would need to sort out is a possible date that might suite most people.  My idea would be to have it at the end of September or the beginning of October.
Fixed!

Fixed Properly.....
KTM 1190 ADV R

Offline popipants

• I came; I saw; I slept
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2008, 07:49:57 am »
OK, so we have quite a bit of interest.  I was even thinking that I can see if I can get hold of 1 or two guys that have the real DAKAR machines.  Maybe they will be willing to display them on the day.

I am still not sure about a venue but one or two members have suggested that we use the back of my Plot which is pretty big.  We can arrange for each vendor either to bring their own portable shade port or perhaps for those that don't have one, we could arrange one at a small fee.

Wilddog Shop
Adventure MX
GPS for Africa
Kappa
Dirtsure
TopBike
KTM?
BMW?
Namibian Breweries, Jameson and others

The whole objective of this event is to get as many WD's together as possible so that we can have a show and tell.  There are enough of us who have done plenty on our bikes (like Jules, Runner, Groenie, etc, etc) which would make it extremely interesting to chat to these guys who have made their bikes unique.  The idea is that each rider pays a small entry fee and you then park your bike in a designated area where other people can take a look at it.

Another thing that we would need to sort out is a possible date that might suite most people.  My idea would be to have it at the end of September or the beginning of October.
Fixed!

Fixed Properly.....

:thumleft: :thumleft:

Adventure MX

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2008, 08:03:33 am »
Are there not any Vendors from WD's interested in this Expo? ??? ???

Offline Groenie

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Ons gaan nou ry
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 09:46:42 am »
I would be interested. Got some things up my sleeve...
Don't look back, that's not where you're going.

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2008, 09:57:39 am »
Jacko Phuuuleeeeeezzzzzzzz bring that little morsel you had handing (hehe i said handing) out free bike mags at amid with!!!!!!

Offline Shrek

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2008, 10:05:49 am »
Awesome idea.

Offline Hentie @ Riders

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2008, 12:01:07 pm »
Ons sal belangstel dit hang net af waar julle dit wil hou. :thumleft:

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2008, 11:40:27 pm »
Are there not any Vendors from WD's interested in this Expo? ??? ???

Kangoo wines

My mother is a private wine seller FANTASTIC prices on **** and *** wines really cheap she would be intrested if its in the WC

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2008, 01:42:28 am »

Wilddog Shop
Adventure MX
GPS for Africa
Kappa
Dirtsure
TopBike
KTM?
BMW?
Namibian Breweries, Jameson and other
Budweiser

Fixed!

Fixed Properly.....

:thumleft: :thumleft:

NOW it'hs fichked. hick! :drunken_smilie:
100001 110010 1101010