Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Barkbusters on the DCT  (Read 1432 times)

Offline McSack

• Hairy-arsed throttle-slinging
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Barkbusters on the DCT
« on: December 04, 2017, 01:23:07 pm »
DCT/ Manual diffs ??
Every vendor website I've checked lists "non-DCT" and I can't really see what the diffs would be. Barkbusters also shows as the same part number . BHG-062

Anyone fitted a set to a DCT?
~ Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself ~

Offline teebag

Re: Barkbusters on the DCT
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 01:36:29 pm »
DCT has that funny handbrake on the left , I am guessing the std BarkBuster may interfere with that

Offline shanti

• Race Dog
  • rest stop moon
    • derek saul
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:37:21 pm »
There is a specific set for the DCT - when I went on my Africa Trip with my AT it wasnt yet available - I just had to bend my parking brake handle by 15mm to make it fit  - no biggie

Offline McSack

• Race Dog
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 01:46:32 pm »
brake lever on the other side is already bent so as you say @shanti  ... no biggie

Don't suppose you have a pic of that bend do you ? I've found the park brake thingy to be really useful on some steep downhill bits so if it is going to be difficult to get to then maybe I'll just wait till I can get the DCT versions
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:47:06 pm by McSack »
~ Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself ~

Offline shanti

• Race Dog
  • rest stop moon
    • derek saul
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 01:54:02 pm »
will take a pic for you in the eve - it really wasnt a big bend - just the end of the parking brake handle was bent slowly and slightly towards the hand grip - cant say I have ever used the handbrake while riding - it runs off a considerably smaller brake pad at the back - lower -  the foot brake works for me . Took me 5 mins to modify - how do you manage to get your hand that far forward to use the handbrake effectively while you are riding ? Its a trick I haven't even considered  ;D

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:54:27 pm by shanti »

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 02:01:26 pm »
brake lever on the other side is already bent so as you say @shanti  ... no biggie

Don't suppose you have a pic of that bend do you ? I've found the park brake thingy to be really useful on some steep downhill bits so if it is going to be difficult to get to then maybe I'll just wait till I can get the DCT versions

So you got a DCT then Mc?   
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline McSack

• Race Dog
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 02:42:11 pm »

I did indeed boet . Some space issues at my spot at the moment. Think I am going to have to ship a couch and watch TV from the seat of my AT
Got to take it on a run down to Orange Elephant before it can be called a proper adventure bike though  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 02:43:01 pm by McSack »

• Grey hound
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 02:59:48 pm »

I did indeed boet . Some space issues at my spot at the moment. Think I am going to have to ship a couch and watch TV from the seat of my AT
Got to take it on a run down to Orange Elephant before it can be called a proper adventure bike though  :thumleft:

Aint that the truth.
I have to go to Ficksburg in April next year............  Meet me there?
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero

Offline McSack

• Race Dog
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 03:56:59 pm »
Aint that the truth.
I have to go to Ficksburg in April next year............  Meet me there?
... for sure

Online Scalpel

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 04:33:55 pm »
Grant I have a set of Barkbusters on my DCT. The Africa Twin barkbusters comes with an extra little plate that needs to be fitted. On the manual AT the plate is just discarded. The plate that came with my Barkbusters had to be slightly modified as the red handbrake light was burning on the dash.
BMW R80G/S PD is the original DS bike!!

The following users thanked this post: McSack

Offline McSack

• Race Dog
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 09:34:53 am »
Grant I have a set of Barkbusters on my DCT. The Africa Twin barkbusters comes with an extra little plate that needs to be fitted. On the manual AT the plate is just discarded. The plate that came with my Barkbusters had to be slightly modified as the red handbrake light was burning on the dash.
Thanks Francois. Quick mod that one can do with a vicegrip and old file or did you have to send out for engineering worx?

Other bike is an old KLR fugly so I've had my fair share of making a plan to get things to fit... just don't want to be missioning on some fairly expensive kit on the AT and then it looks kuk
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:37:45 am by McSack »

Online Scalpel

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 09:43:55 am »
Thanks Francois. Quick mod that one can do with a vicegrip and old file or did you have to send out for engineering worx?

Other bike is an old KLR fugly so I've had my fair share of making a plan to get things to fit... just don't want to be missioning on some fairly expensive kit on the AT and then it looks kuk

Off Road Cycles in Pretoria did the mod. Was quick and easy. You cant see anything once the plate has been fitted. so nothing looks modified! Still looks great.

Offline McSack

• Race Dog
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 09:48:06 am »

Off Road Cycles in Pretoria did the mod. Was quick and easy. You cant see anything once the plate has been fitted. so nothing looks modified! Still looks great.
100's  :thumleft:
Going to get luggage racks from them in any case so will just get everything done one time

Online Scalpel

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 10:02:37 am »
Great. Just give Dave a call and ask him to reserve a set for you. :ricky:

• Grey hound
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 10:03:22 am »

100's  :thumleft:
Going to get luggage racks from them in any case so will just get everything done one time

Mate of mine from PE has got one.
Went to mathew at Bikegear and about 30mins later had full soft luggage on the bike. Cant emember what the price was but didnt break the bank
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero