Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DCT gear change question  (Read 428 times)

Offline McSack

• Hairy-arsed throttle-slinging
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
DCT gear change question
« on: March 13, 2018, 04:19:39 pm »
Mine "clunks" between 1st and 2nd but not at any other change.
More noticeable when riding like an old granny (which is sometimes necessary in traffic)

Same on your bike?

Wanted check if this is "normal" before I go to dealer
~ Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself ~

Offline BikerJan

Re: DCT gear change question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 04:22:50 pm »
Mine does the same, it is a very noticeable clunk between 1st and 2nd!

Offline McSack

• Race Dog
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 04:26:44 pm »
 :thumleft: BJ
All my other bikes have had a clunk between gears ...it's just that all the other changes are so silky smooth on this bike that I was a bit worried
~ Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself ~

Offline Psycho Porra

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Sworn To Fun and Loyal To Rum
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 04:32:39 pm »
Glad to see you finally cleaned and trimmed your ear hairs McSack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KTM990, XT660R

"The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all"

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 04:33:21 pm »
I also noted that the bike change gears differently in S1, depending on how spritied you ride. If you ride like an old lady, the bike changes gears fairly quickly, so that the revs stay relatively low, but as soon as you start opening up a bit, the revs go much higher, before changes, or the bike remain in the lower gear when the throttle is closed.

Offline McSack

• Race Dog
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 04:34:29 pm »
Glad to see you finally cleaned and trimmed your ear hairs McSack

Specially for you my bruh ...heard we were spooning this weekend

Offline Psycho Porra

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Sworn To Fun and Loyal To Rum
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 04:36:38 pm »
Again. That means I am going to have to bring alot of Ballantine's, Red Heart and Tequila with again

KTM990, XT660R

"The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all"

Offline McSack

• Race Dog
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 04:40:55 pm »
I also noted that the bike change gears differently in S1, depending on how spritied you ride. If you ride like an old lady, the bike changes gears fairly quickly, so that the revs stay relatively low, but as soon as you start opening up a bit, the revs go much higher, before changes, or the bike remain in the lower gear when the throttle is closed.
I've noticed pretty much the same especially holding the revs in 3rd with no change. Use the paddles every now and then for a manual select . Straight auto is a bit pap for my liking and S11 & S111 a bit "twitchy" for everyday riding

Offline dieseldawie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • I like to drink lots of beer
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 04:57:10 pm »
I've noticed pretty much the same especially holding the revs in 3rd with no change. Use the paddles every now and then for a manual select . Straight auto is a bit pap for my liking and S11 & S111 a bit "twitchy" for everyday riding

So pretty much the same as an automatic car then. The further you put your foot down the higher it revs before changing up? :peepwall:
Where are my shorts??

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 02:07:52 pm »

So pretty much the same as an automatic car then. The further you put your foot down the higher it revs before changing up? :peepwall:

Not quite, it changes the revs where gears are changed up and down depending on your riding style immediately prior, therefore, on the same S1 setting, it will keep the revs relatively low, say changes at 3000 RPM, and when you start riding enthusiastically, the gears will change at higher revs up and down, even if the throttle is not opened wide