Suzuki Djebel sputtering ride - FIXED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inprogress

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
So, a while back I had this problem with my bike, which out of nowhere started to sputter when riding and accelerating (https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=23176.0). While, without telling you what the symptoms are, or were, it is fixed. I had the stator coils rewound, R2500 cheaper than buying from Suzuki. So, here are the pics. Notice that on the stator had a pretty uniform colour with the exception of one which was a nice, call it healthy colour. If you would like to know who did the job, PM me, I don't want to be labeled as advertising for a business. All I'll say is the guy moved to Port Elizabeth from Pietermaritzburg. Thanks Herms for the support, as well a big thank you Side Track: ST, you're da mhan!  And then my producer, JCW...make some noise!!! And I know I'm forgetting something....mmmmm.....na don't you start that music on me dawg....mmmm......well I'm sorry guys I don't remember your names, but thanks to my fans and everyone that made this possible. PEACE!!!

I was on a roll there, I'm not funny people, I pologise. Here is the old stator, notice the one coil looks less dark than the rest.

And the new coil.

Also, I haven't used a gasket again, for two reasons, no, three reasons:
1 - Seeing how well Loctite Liquid Gasket Shellac is working. Apparently VW uses something similar as oppose to the paper gasket. Thanks Herms for the info.
2 - I couldn't wait to see if the stator fixed my problem, so I fitted it without the gasket;
3 - I won't buy stuff from (a popular Suzuki bike dealer in Walmer) because the other day I saw two products which are suddenly now more expensive than a month ago, the exact same stuff. The DR650 is now R6k more expensive (the exact same bike), and a tank bag ordered for a friend (he never picked it up and had to pay for shipping) is now up from R240 to R400. They did not have the bags, only ordered one for him, and now it is more expensive. You do not open an umbrella in a mans' ass.