Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: THE NEED TO RECALCULATE!!!  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Tyre kicker

THE NEED TO RECALCULATE!!!
« on: May 01, 2020, 11:24:42 am »
I have pretty much vented in anger these  last two days however I am far from over it yet and hence I need some Wilddog assistance.

As some of you will have seen and even commented on the thread that I had started asking for advice on  a Transalp 700 vs a XT660R in anticipation of purchasing one of those two bikes.

See the link http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=247078.0

In a nutshell, I had decided on the Transalp and was waiting on a proforma invoice from the salesman who had promised me it would be sent to me on Tuesday 28 April as Monday 27 April was a public holiday in order for me to make the payment and secure the bike as I committed 100% to the salesman that I was taking the bike and would pay immediately once I had the documentation to do so..

Despite both the written e-mails and personal WhatsApp messages to the salesman on Tuesday 28 April with absolutely no reply from him I was eventually contacted and informed on Wednesday 29April by said salesman after yet another personal WhatsApp to him that the bike had been sold by a different salesman without his knowledge and that the bike had already been collected by the new owner the same day during the lockdown period and also despite the shop being closed to the public for trade.

On further investigation it turns out that this salesman lied to me about the other salesman selling the bike without his knowledge as there is no other salesman as I was informed verbatim by his pervious Sales Manager.

The long and the short is that I have lost out on my dream bike as it literally was for many reasons because this unethical salesman saw it fit to screw me for his own personal gain or for that of his bike shop.

I have tried contacting the bike shop owners and I have left several messages on their cell phones but without any success thus far.

Now that I have shared my "Bad Luck" and my elevated levels of "Pissedoffness" I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know or give me a lead on a medium sized tourer that I can use daily too should it be necessary to commute.
I do not intend doing Baviaans or the likes either but it would be nice if I could travel the odd short dirt road that is in good condition to get to the final destination but not for the adventure riding that most of you do.

The likes of the Transalp that has touring capability like the screen and is comfy,preferably something larger than a single cylinder, possibly  a twin or a triple.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated as I know I can trust most people on this forum and in all probably won't be shafted as I have just been shafted by a so called reputable Bike Shop in the Western Cape.

I have not resorted to naming and shaming yet as I am still awaiting feedback from the Owners regarding this matter.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:43:48 am by Tyre kicker »
It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
Re: THE NEED TO RECALCULATE!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 11:33:25 am »
Maybe it happened for a reason, your dream bike will arrive in it's own time. :thumleft:

Maybe have a look at a BMW 650/700 twin too. They are very capable as dirt tourer's, very light on fuel and all day  comfortable.Light enough to be a commuter too and enough power to keep up with high way traffic.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Lem

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 11:35:23 am »
Is dit weer daai drie-letter plek in Durbanweg, Bellville?

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Faith is not knowing what the future holds, it's knowing who holds the future

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 11:37:41 am »
Maybe it happened for a reason, your dream bike will arrive in it's own time. :thumleft:

Maybe have a look at a BMW 650/700 twin too. They are very capable as dirt tourer's, very light on fuel and all day  comfortable.Light enough to be a commuter too and enough power to keep up with high way traffic.

You know Chris you have just uttered the very same wise words that a very good friend of mine on this very forum has said to me recently..

I will also investigate  the BMW albeit a single. :thumleft:
It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

Offline Lem

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 11:41:19 am »

You know Chris you have just uttered the very same wise words that a very good friend of mine on this very forum has said to me recently..

I owned a F800GS a few years ago and it was a fantastic 2-up tourer. The F650/700 that Chris is referring to is the same inline twin cylinder as the 800, just slightly detuned & lowered and with 19 inch front wheel. Fantastic bikes

Faith is not knowing what the future holds, it's knowing who holds the future

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 11:47:02 am »

I owned a F800GS a few years ago and it was a fantastic 2-up tourer. The F650/700 that Chris is referring to is the same inline twin cylinder as the 800, just slightly detuned & lowered and with 19 inch front wheel. Fantastic bikes

My appologies,I did not know it was a twin cylinder. :-[
It just go's to show what I know of BMW bikes.

Online TrailBlazer

• www.a-cut-above.co.za (Laser cutting & Engraving Services)
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
    • A-Cut-Above
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 12:00:11 pm »
What about an Africa Twin.

Don't knowo what your price range is, but this bike seems to be very well kitted. If I was in the market right now I'd certainly be looking at this.

Sorry you lost the 'Alp. Salesman is a real cock-jockey...  ::) :( >:(
There are old riders, and bold riders, but no old, bold riders.

Do not ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Take only pictures. leave only footprints

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 12:25:18 pm »
The BMW Twin. The 650 and 700 looked about the same.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 12:25:40 pm by ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS »
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Online Epilot

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 01:20:50 pm »
Also have a look at the Suzuki dL 650.

The following users thanked this post: TheBear, Battlestar

Offline TheBear

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 02:32:57 pm »
My appologies,I did not know it was a twin cylinder. :-[
It just go's to show what I know of BMW bikes.

When you start your hunt, take careful note because, although for some reason known only to the Bavarian logical pattern, the same model name, F650GS is used for the twin engined, 800cc bike that was proudly carried by the single engined 650cc bike.  My wife had both and the F650GS (twin) is a far superior bike to the F650GS (single) which later became the G650GS.

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 03:59:03 pm »
TK, I think you are better off NOT dealing with someone dishonest like the Transalp salesman...  And as mentioned by the other dogs above, you have a lot of great potential bikes to look out for now. Happy hunting!

PS. the BMW F700 is tubeless, a lot easier to plug when touring or commuting...

Offline Neo_za

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 06:25:54 pm »
PS. the BMW F700 is tubeless, a lot easier to plug when touring or commuting...

The F650GS twin as well if i remember correctly

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2020, 06:34:31 pm »
From what year models were these BMW 650 and 700 twins?

Are thet the F650GS and F750GS models?

Offline André 660

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2020, 06:40:19 pm »
Tyre kicker, i have the bike for you....
Yamaha ZT660Z in a pristine condition with 42000 on the clock.
You will NOT be disappointed .
Message me if interested.

The following users thanked this post: Tyre kicker

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2020, 07:02:27 pm »
Tyre kicker, i have the bike for you....
Yamaha ZT660Z in a pristine condition with 42000 on the clock.
You will NOT be disappointed .
Message me if interested.
I have responded to you with a PM. :thumleft:

Offline Mello

THE NEED TO RECALCULATE!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 08:28:50 pm »
TK, sorry to hear of your bad experience but sometimes better to be philosophical about these things.
Years ago, I had my heart set on buying a MGB.  Found what I thought was the perfect car but the deal fell through, timing just not good.  About 6 months later, as fate would have it, some fella t-boned me and wrote my car off.  My hunt for a MGB resumed, thinking it could be my daily driver.  I looked at many and lo and behold but there was the car I had looked at just over 6 months before at a dealer.  Guy had spent some money on, it fixed the windscreen, done shocks etc.  Went home thinking about this, tried to contact the owner direct but no joy.  Next afternoon went to the shop to lay down my hard earned cash for the car.  Sold that morning!  I was devastated, cursing myself for not buying it the day before.
I settled on another I had seen that was cheaper but need work.  I was getting some parts from a classic car place a little while later when I saw the red MGB I so wanted.  Walked over and noticed the crack was back in the windscreen.  While I was in the shop, I commented on the car outside.  Chap behind the counter said, "Ooo, sad story, sir.  Chap bought it recently and a conrod has just gone through the block!"
So perhaps someone was looking out for me?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:31:08 pm by Mello »

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 10:02:41 pm »
TK, sorry to hear of your bad experience but sometimes better to be philosophical about these things.
Years ago, I had my heart set on buying a MGB.  Found what I thought was the perfect car but the deal fell through, timing just not good.  About 6 months later, as fate would have it, some fella t-boned me and wrote my car off.  My hunt for a MGB resumed, thinking it could be my daily driver.  I looked at many and lo and behold but there was the car I had looked at just over 6 months before at a dealer.  Guy had spent some money on, it fixed the windscreen, done shocks etc.  Went home thinking about this, tried to contact the owner direct but no joy.  Next afternoon went to the shop to lay down my hard earned cash for the car.  Sold that morning!  I was devastated, cursing myself for not buying it the day before.
I settled on another I had seen that was cheaper but need work.  I was getting some parts from a classic car place a little while later when I saw the red MGB I so wanted.  Walked over and noticed the crack was back in the windscreen.  While I was in the shop, I commented on the car outside.  Chap behind the counter said, "Ooo, sad story, sir.  Chap bought it recently and a conrod has just gone through the block!"
So perhaps someone was looking out for me?

Hey Mello, thanks for sharing this with me. :thumleft:
I am glad it turned out to be a blessing in disguise in your case and that you were able to reconcile your emotions for the better and receive clarity and closure in hindsight.

In my case I still don't have any idea why it possibly had to happen like this. :'(
What I can tell you is no matter how hard I try to convince myself that there was a reason for me losing this bike I still cannot remotely find one as it was that good a bike,something I had been searching for a long time and something I was convinced was mine.

The worst is that my mind is locked onto this 24/7 and it just won't let go continuously reminding me of this bad experience resulting in fowl mood swings and outright anger building up inside me. >:(

I have no doubt and concerns that I will get over it but it is a lingering and sickening feeling to say the least. :(

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2020, 10:50:20 pm »

Be very careful. It's a rabbit hole, and it could end with huge pods.......

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2020, 01:31:44 am »
Transalp 700 is maar n baie pap powered bike hoor.

Offline HB 9

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2020, 08:03:44 am »

The worst is that my mind is locked onto this 24/7 and it just won't let go continuously reminding me of this bad experience resulting in fowl mood swings and outright anger building up inside me. >:(

I have no doubt and concerns that I will get over it but it is a lingering and sickening feeling to say the least. :(
[/quote]

My experience with similar happenings in my life - was that soon after I made peace within myself - BETTER things started happening... :thumleft:
Tread lightly