Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DRZ400 tyre question  (Read 263 times)

Offline Varadero

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
DRZ400 tyre question
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:00:17 am »
Ok, I don't own a DR400 but I do own an XR400 and want to know what tyres you guys are using (both front and rear) that will give decent mileage for combined road and off-road use.  The dedicated MX type tyres virtually just disappear when used on the tar and are providing a lot of entertainment on the road with all the rain we're having here in Jhb, are there any decent DS tyres available in the following sizes 80/100/21 (front) and 110/100/18 (rear)?     

Adventure MX

Re: DRZ400 tyre question
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:16:33 am »
.........................  The dedicated MX type tyres virtually just disappear when used on the tar and are providing a lot of entertainment on the road with all the rain we're having here in Jhb, .........................

So what's the problem, you ride the bike for entertainment don't you........ :biggrin:

Offline letsgofishing

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Sedgefield, Garden Route
    • http://www.mikekaplandesign.com
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 10:20:18 am »
Maxxis M6006, Dunlop 606, TKC..

Plenty on this - do a search.
There is nothing you can do about the past and you can't predict the future...all you have is the now...live it to the fullest.

www.mikekaplandesign.com

Offline Poffmuis

• aka Newguy
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Rally rally rally
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:30:36 am »
Ok, I don't own a DR400 but I do own an XR400 and want to know what tyres you guys are using (both front and rear) that will give decent mileage for combined road and off-road use.  The dedicated MX type tyres virtually just disappear when used on the tar and are providing a lot of entertainment on the road with all the rain we're having here in Jhb, are there any decent DS tyres available in the following sizes 80/100/21 (front) and 110/100/18 (rear)?     

Those are the standard sizes for the Enduro model. Most people run a 90 at the front and 130 at the back. I'm running a D606 on the front and a T63 at the back, awesome combination of tyres for offroad and some tar.

Offline Varadero

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:38:22 am »
Those are the standard sizes for the Enduro model. Most people run a 90 at the front and 130 at the back. I'm running a D606 on the front and a T63 at the back, awesome combination of tyres for offroad and some tar.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere, thanks Newguy, more of a tyre size question then.