Which bike tyres to stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I've been thinking about stocking a few essential bike tyres for quite some time, but I've always shied away from it, just knowing how slow these are going to move.
However, I do get the odd stranded biker and I always feel bad if I can't assist them. I had one yesterday that was in need of a rear tyre for a road bike and luckily a local road biker had an old tyre we could use.

There are just so many different sizes and I can't possibly keep tyres in stock to cover all. My idea is to stock the most commonly used tyres, to be able to assist bikers:

1. 90/90-21 & 150/70-18: This should cover all the larger KTM adventure bikes, BMW 800GS, ect? (Dunlop Trailmax Mission?)
2. 120/70-19 & 170/60-17: For all the BMW 1200/50GS? (I have no idea which brand will do?)
3. Road bikes: what would be the most common front and rear sizes here? I can only keep one set in stock. (Brand?)

I was thinking a decent quality brand that is also reasonably priced and would appreciate your input.
Thanks in advance.