Atlantis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Well, if you ever want to ride the most amazing sand, Atlantis has to be it.

There are kilometres of virgin and not so virgin white sand with no woops (but some big drop offs if you are not careful).

143977484-L.jpg

The sand is very easy to ride on. I recon you could even get a Weestrom on there (maybe with a slightly aggressive tire).

Anyway, this is not a ride report but a suggestion.

Yearly permits for the place run from July to July. Bureaucracy dictates that if you want a year permit you have to wait till July???!!!

Or, you can spend R60 for a day permit (one time use that has a lifespan of a week - They really make this easy! Not!?)

The year permit is I think R600.

Say 10 of us club together and buy 4, that?s R240 for the year. The guys that club in then can use the permits for when ever they like. (We?ll figure out a set of rules once we get this off the ground)

I like sand and have often ridden in some not so legal places to have my fun. This place has it all, there are massive single tracks all through the fynbos, way better than the stuff under the power lines not far from zone 7 (can't remember the name of the place). The open dunes are stunning, pretty flat and hard packed so it is not as easy to get stuck.

What says you?s?