Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Accellerator Module  (Read 478 times)

Offline Bill the Bong

• CRF450X for the win
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
Accellerator Module
« on: October 27, 2011, 07:15:07 pm »
Has anybody here fitted the AM as supplied by Schlowy and Boer to a 690R?

Want to tackle the flame out issue from a solid departure point that doesn't cost R6000 like the Vortex ECU.

Offline Schlowy

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Leave Nothing To Chance
Re: Accellerator Module
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 07:31:50 pm »
why don't i send you one for a free testing ?
PM me your address and i will send you one , if you like it keep it and pay the inv.
don't like it , i will send my courier company to pick it up
ride safe

Offline Bill the Bong

• CRF450X for the win
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 08:47:21 pm »
I'm not sure that its possible to argue with that.

PM sent

Offline 777

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 09:18:23 pm »
Now thats what i call service ,let us know how it works.  Now let me think ....... what do I need for my 690 ??
TS 50- Gave away
RM 125- Not sure where it is.
IT 200- Sold.
XT 550- Sold.
CR 250-Sold. RMX 250-Sold WR 250-Sold. CFR 450x-Sold. CRF 250x-Sold. XT 660R- Sold KTM 690 Enduro- Alfie Cox Special Edition .Honda XR 650L., WR450, Current bikes, KTM 500 Six Days and BMW 800GS

Offline Schlowy

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 09:30:08 pm »
Should I send one to your end as well  :pot:

Offline 777

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 07:08:17 am »

First explain what the real purpose or function is on the AM, as i have had no issues with my 690 at all?
TS 50- Gave away
RM 125- Not sure where it is.
IT 200- Sold.
XT 550- Sold.
CR 250-Sold. RMX 250-Sold WR 250-Sold. CFR 450x-Sold. CRF 250x-Sold. XT 660R- Sold KTM 690 Enduro- Alfie Cox Special Edition .Honda XR 650L., WR450, Current bikes, KTM 500 Six Days and BMW 800GS

Offline Rooies

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 07:23:54 am »
I'm not sure that its possible to argue with that.

PM sent

Agreed, no use arguing there.  And if I were you I would pay so long as you are bound to keep it.  ;)
The most important thing in life is to be yourself.
Unless you can be Batman.  Always be Batman.

Offline Schlowy

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 09:24:25 am »

First explain what the real purpose or function is on the AM, as i have had no issues with my 690 at all?

hi
Your bike do not have no issues - I agree with this but ,your bike as it is now is run leaner than what is suppose to be ,some symptoms are , bike engine get very hot in low speed , snatching of the throttle on low speed technical rides , our device simply make it run the way is suppose to be before the lawyers and accountants came to run this industry by imposing all kind of stupid regulations  which in the long run just harm the environment more ...any how my offer still stand ...

Offline Bill the Bong

• CRF450X for the win
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 02:54:28 pm »
My feedback snipped from advrider:

Installation: Its essentially plug and play. Decent instructions were included. However, I had to raise the air box (which is pretty much par for the course on the 690) to get enough space to unplug the connector. I did not do a 15min rest after fitting in order to compare apples with apples.

Richer Mixture: You can smell the fact that the mixture is richer while is idling. I don't have a cat in the slip-on.

Temps: Much improved. I was going to get the after-market fan switch this summer as I live in the Kalahari and the bike has always been running hot, even in the winter. The most bars I've seen afetr fitting the A/M is 4, with 3 being the norm. Even while doing the 15 min reset this morning, it only went up to 6 bars. Previously, it would hit 7 bars at 7min and then in and out of the fan the whole time. This effect makes it worthwhile for me already.

Snatchy Throttle: I feel the least improvement in this area. There is a slight improvement, but nothing spectacular. The one area where its better, is when balancing the bike in a drift along a long corner (dirt road). It doesn't pitch anymore when tiny adjustments are made. However, coming of the power and then on again, is still funky.

Stalling: My bike was really bad in this area. I would get 3 or 4 stalls a ride when doing jeep or single track. I am able to induce a stall by running to almost no RPM in 3rd gear then rapidly opening and closing it. No stalls in normal running. You can sometimes hear it starting to spit prior to a flame-out but then it pulls through. It will idle up a slight incline with a closed throttle, something it never did before.

Testing Conditions: Its end of spring/early summer, so conditions change quite a bit. Hottest test was 40C (about 104F for the less developed), most rides in the vicinity of 27 - 28C (80F). I did not ride any tar, it was either gravel, single track or dunes.

Supplier: SchlowyCustom Motorcycles in South Africa (www.schlowycustoms.com) provided me with the test unit on a no-cure-no-pay basis. I have no affiliation with them. You might be able to save some money if you're in Australia or Nieu Zeeland for instance by ordering from them as far as postage is concerned.

Bottom Line: It will not replace a Vortex for solving the funky throttle, but it cures stalling and over-heating without a doubt in my mind. However, the A/M runs at 1.4% of a new 690R in South Africa while a Vortex would work out at 7.1%. I'm keeping mine.

Offline Schlowy

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 04:26:16 pm »
thanks for the feed back ,i am happy you are

Ride safe