2011 BMW G650Gs Repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron1987

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Good day Gentlemen and perhaps Gentlewomen.
The name is Byron from the Westrand. I work on Cruise ships out of the USA landed back home 18 March. Should be on a 2-3 month vacation then hopefully back onboard. In RSA wheels are a necessity to get around especially for someone as independent as I am. So landed and was on a look out for reliable strong cost effective Bike . Ended up getting a 2011 BMW G650GS. After searching the internet I found that those bikes where moving at around 50-70K depending on Condition. Please confirm this. Me and a mate split a R31500 bill for the bike 2011 8000kms on the clock but this bike has been neglected #1 and for some reason sprayed all over. The Plan is to spend the R8500 too get it up to a 40K bike travel our beautiful country on it and get her sold for the 40K or even R43 k and make my mate a couple of bucks for assisting me . List of work includes... Brakes front and rear perhaps discs. Service major but apparently filters where done not so long ago. Rear Light complete all indicators mirrors, Tank Guard and Filler cap ,Front screen, Hazards are not working and respray or wrap the bike. I know it seems like a tall order but I would like to be involved in the repairs to I can learn about the bike .. my questions are ….

Id be looking for a place that strips these bikes and buy some good condition second hand parts any recommendations.
Do any of you have a open workshop where we can work on the bike together I could stay in the area and under guidance strip clean and repair. Im in lockdown in Marloth Park and plan on heading towards Nelspruit after restrictions lift. and would like to Do Durbs Cape all over . Again a bit Cheeky of a request but perhps there are individuals out there who can appreciate where I am in life and that I would like to improve my understanding get my hands dirty and make a success of things . Ill add pics to the post tomorrow. Thanking you in advance Regards Byron