2012 HP2 Jamboree? Not quite. But check this out...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=88132.0;topicseen

Guys, I've indicated last year that I'm not available to organise another HP2 Jamboree. The reasons are varied. It takes time and effort. It always ends up with me having to pay in money to t-shirt suppliers, for instance. And, and, and.

The other fact is that HP2s are becoming scarcer and scarcer. If we couldn't get more than 10 bikes together last year we will never grow beyond that figure.

A while ago me and Chairman Meow started exchanging ideas and eventually, helped by sufficient beers, we got the ball rolling.

With the approval of the venerable Airheads, it has decided to increase the size of the R80 & R100 Monolever and Paralever gang to also include HP2s. One of the reasons was that HPNs are, strictly speaking, not "pure" BMWs anyway. And HPN designed the frame of the HP2 for BMW and, well, it makes kind of fuzzy logic.

All the above bikes are, essentially, the same: light frames with boxers and quite rare in numbers. We are also equally big enthusiasts.

If someone really wants to organise an HP2 Jamboree they have my full support.

But as far as I'm concerned, I'm honoured to have been invited to their annual gathering. Me and the HP2 will feel very welcome there. They are a bunch of top blokes and we're going to have long, cold ones whilst drooling at one another's bonies.  :thumleft: