990 Adventure Handle Bars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vosperd

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
We did a trip over the weekend and some sand go the better of me. Needless to say after one hell of a fall (around 40-50km/h), i had some damages to my (once) brand new KTM. Took all of 1,100  km for me to be brought down to earth - literally!

Extend of damage is scapes all over the screen, sides etc. Lucklilly crashbars was fitted or else it would have been worse. The right hand mirror broke off (part of teh actual casing, not the mirrior itself) at the thread where it is affixed to the brake fuid reservoir - i.e. part of the tread still fixed to the mirrir that came off and the rest still on the bike). Also the handle bars seems skew - as if the triple clamp moved a bit to the right with the impact.

I dusted the bike off, took some sand out of the throttle body and fans and and..., and got going again. On Sunday we returned home (around 260 km) so all in all no real damage.

Questions:

1. Can the mirror be fixed? I.e. can one weld aliminium or do i have to replace the entire unit?
2. Is it possible that the triple clamps moved? Does it have splinds on the inside? Does this means the splinds stripped with the fall or is it simply a case of losseing the two nuts (one big, one small by my estimate) and straightening the handle bars out before tightening it again?