990 wont start ........ again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulmi

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Hi everybody.  Hope someone can help me.

My 990 is acting up again.  I know they might not be the keenest starters in cold weather, but its not cold yet.....

I have tried everything, she is on charge all the time. I park her inside on a wooden board.  And what thanks do I get?  Nothing,  not even a lekker hard ride. When I try to start the engine swings and does not fire.  Sounds almost close to firing but nothing happens.  3 swings and the FI light comes on and I feel like kicking the dog.

The times that she does fire up it is golden.  Once she is warm I can switch her off and she will start again.  The batteryin now is the BS model recommended by Tracmac and is about 9 months old. I do not understand the whole CCA idea and need someone to dumb it down for me or tell me to slap in a bigger battery in that small box.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I had to come to work this morning on the teenager's 125. I am a big guy on a small bike.