A proper intro from Blondie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondie

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Aprilia 650 Pegaso
Hi there guys and girls, the name’s Blondie. I’ve been part of the WD family for a very long time, but never did go the trouble of properly introducing myself. Yes I know, it’s terrible and pure laziness on my side – please don’t be too harsh on me, rather late than never!

First started with biking about 3 years ago when hubby (Tonteldoos) convinced me to buy a bike. At that stage I had no experience and had never handled a bike before. He had the patience to teach me the basics and it was really scary at first. But boy, the adrenaline pumping made it totally worth the effort! I own an Aprilia Pegaso 650 (yip, quite unique) and simply love her – fits me perfectly given that I’m quite small. And I will probably not change her for another model easily.

I’ve met many of you on various of the WD outrides / breakfast runs / social events – a big hi to all I know  :wave: you’re an awesome bunch! I have to give a huge thanx to Ryperd and Zonkelnut who first taught me how to do dirt riding in the Vaalwater area some years ago.  You guys gave me my first boost of confidence. Have done some pretty stupid things in the beginning – had a huge fall on the way to a quarry playground once because I pulled the front brake  :eek:

Yeah yeah, a true blond moment but I learned a valuable lesson that day! And attending one of the ladies training sessions on Daniëlsrus has taught me even more – thanx Kurt and kie. Was also really nice meeting some of you girls on the forum. Hubby and I were also at the FS WD bash this year – what great fun and lovely venue!

Well that’s enough said for now, I’m looking forward to meeting you all at future get togethers. And oh yes Misty, thanx for all the organization and time you put into the WD calendar – I know it’s gonna be a winner! Also Chantal and Carla, you’re experts.

Blondie