Adding a few farkles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaegerKTM

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I decided to spend a bit on my KLR to improve the ride. I added the Eagle Mike fork clamp and the screen raisers from KLRDash.

The fork clamp is a thing of beauty so much so that I wanted to hang it on the wall in my house but my wife was not so keen. Definite improvement in the performance of the front end off-road with a lot less flex. Combined with the Wilbers progressive springs the front-end feels really planted and I feel more confident at higher speeds off-road.

The screen raisers were easy to fit and really change the comfort levels when riding. I am not particularily tall so I kept the original KLR screen rather than going for a taller screen. Cruising 120-130KM/hr is now a pleasure and if my mind is not playing tricks the bike seems to get to up to speed a bit easier, maybe as a result of improved aerodynamics?

I also added the KLRDash which I am going to spray matt black and to which I will mount my GPS and phone. I like keeping the handlebars clear if possible and I like the idea of the extra protection the screen and dash offers.

Now I just need to convinced my wife I need a week off for an extended tour  :biggrin:

Cheers,

Ian

Attachments

• 2012-11-05 Clamp.jpg
    2012-11-05 Clamp.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 2012-11-05 Dash.jpg
    2012-11-05 Dash.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 2012-11-05 Screen.jpg
    2012-11-05 Screen.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 160