Ashamedly, I think I could use some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlon

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR200
I hope this won't be a whole lot of rambling :mblah05:
Coming from a line of bikes, which I used off road only, and then some (hopefully fogettable) cruiser time, I have learnt not to be scared of my bikes, just have respect. And there is nothing else I want but an XR650(l). After a few months of making sure, I got it, yesterday... bone stock.
Now I knew this going in (I read every 'my inseam sucks' thread on the web), it's a bit tall for me; as I am 1.75.

Essentially, I 'tippy toe' it on one side. I am fine, I ride the traffic fine, but I don't like the lack of confidence I feel in it. For instance if I wait at a red light, I have to shift toes over, to make sure I am in 1st, a gesture which probably looks moronic from the outside. I know all about the mods, the links, the triple clamps, the seats. I just don't know which are best for my 80kg maergat frame.

I was thinking about slicing some foam (or have someone do it) and maybe adjusting the preload at the back?

If anyone in my area feel up to inviting me over and lecturing me, and kakking me out a bit, I would like that :)

Or just some ideas.

Thanks either way.