ATGATT saves the day - Poplap down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharingroads

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
DKW (all models)
This morning I got a call to assist after a fellow biker were taken down by a motor vehicle.

All I can say - ATGATT safed the day. Granted the rider did not wear riding pants, or boots, but walked away with 2 bruises on the shins and a stiff back. (Well now after a couple off hours the black and blue bruises are appearing)

And all the gear is in good condition, with gloves that need replacement, and due to a knock, a new helmet.

Bike is not so good unfortunately, but this rider was blessed to go home with the family.

Hoping to see you on 2 wheels soon.
Heal up soon my friend.

Imaging you go riding with your wife, going to change your bike tyres and you turn around and see that she was hit by a taxi? What would you do?
The scene just before we arrived

The one that caused it

It is obvious the vehicle is not at fault as the rider checked her mirrors 3 seconds before impact and there was nothing in her mirrors.
Skid marks from his brakes is only 200m long.

In short he hit her on the right hand side(she was in the right hand lane, on the right hand side of the lane) he hit her that the wheels on the rear seat, tied to the top box hit her back then she got airbourne and hit his window.
THe bike bounced up and fell on the front left handle.

We then headed to Unitas, after the bike was loaded on a bakkie (Big thumbs up to Groenie who showed up with his trailer after a phone call - your beers is on me next time. Just tell me where and when)

In the emergency department we found her, sore, but smiling, chatting and silently begging for happy pills.

Some support from the family

Take note this little girl was with dad on his bike and saw the entire accident behind them. She was in tears of shock, comforted by a big muscular bad ass biker from a well known club, showing his soft and gentle side.

Minzi and Poplap - All the best, and please feel free to call on us at any time.

PS - KTM - nuff said :thumleft: