Beware the unscrupulous workshops out there.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWP

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
I am pretty new to this (or any other) forum and my initial reaction to what happened here is to name and shame, but before I do that let me tell you the story and I'll gauge from the reaction whether I should or not.

One of my employees has a Suzuki Marauder which he performed an oil change on. After this the bike did not run well and he took it to a bike shop in Bellville and asked them to service the bike and check it out. It transpired that in his ignorance he had put too much oil in the bike and was told that this had caused serious damage to the bike which they could not fix or diagnose and they would send it to another shop for him so that they could quote him.

This then duly happened and they opened the bike up and after much to and froing they eventually gave him a quote for R12 500 to repair the bike. He asked me if I could help him with a loan and before I agreed to this I went to the shop with him to assess things.

My advice to him was to take the bike away from them to a workshop that I felt happier with and let them do the job instead. We then took the bike and a number of boxes of engine etc to the workshop in Brackenfell and left the bike and all the pieces with him. He had to pay them R880 for stripping the bike which I am happy with.

Got the bike back today. Total charge R4500. One the one hand I am really chuffed that we decided to take the bike away, but on the other really pissed off when I think of how people could get ripped off.

Latest posts