Bike Dealers (Mainly for a BMW GSA) - recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlin

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I am in the market for a GSA but am having some difficulty locating a suitably priced, low-ish mileage and age BMW  GSA1200

I have had very little success with the BMW agents thus far so am looking at independent dealers. There are however some cautionary tales on the forum (i.e. Shaun Dickens of Final Drive) so I just want to seek any comments (hopefully positive about some of the local dealers who seem to carry BMW GSAs.

I have not visited any Cape Town dealers thus far but want to restrict my interaction to those who have a good history with Wildogs. I realise this is no guarantee but its a start!! If I buy remotely then the trust issue becomes very important!! Those that I have seen on the net include:

Local:

GS Traders
Podium Motorcycles
Biketique

Not so Local
Fire it up
Sovereign Autos George
Joel a WD (I would buy one from him any day......I just waiting for one to come up!!)

So any recommendations AND other places I should look at who put their offerings online would be greatly appreciated!!  As an aside I am disappointed that Motorad CT and Stellies dont put their stock on the web, and are not terribly efficient in communicating. It was quite ironic that when I went to Donfords CT I met a guy leaving on his brand new GS. He had just traded his not so old GS for a price I would have jumped at and it was just the age and mileage I was looking for......ah well - any recommendations would be graciously received.