Botswana or Moz and road conditions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bees

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Howzit mnre,

We are planning to do a trip in April, I will be riding with pillion (wifey), camping. On Road trip (not yet at the point of doing off-road with the bike loaded and pillion at the back)
So now we have two options, either go through botswana, to vic falls, through Zambia (livingston), around the south part of Zambia into the Caprivi and then back into Botswana past the okavango and back down to SA, but all will be done on the main tarred roads.

Or

With two buddies, they wanna go into Mozambique throught Komatipoort to Inhambane, back down to Mapotu, and then through Swaziland and back into SA.

I have used the search option lots and read up about Mozambique and so on, but what I really want to find out is, the road conditions, especially in Mozambique, we dont want to do any gravel riding (or very very little) that road going into Moz to Inhambane and to Mapotu ?
Have any of you guys done it recently to give me feedback on the road conditions because most of what I have hear is that the roads in Moz is horrible...?

And from what I can derive is that the roads in Bots are in good condition...?

Advice asb mnre :thumleft: