Bushmen's Nek / Underberg trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.T

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
15th April 2011, Locktite and his family, and Mr T and I left on our long 770 km to Bushmans Nek Hotel, in the Underberg area!  The ride was marvelous, ….er….yeah, until about 25 km from the Hotel!  This 25 km dirt road was just a mushy, sloshy big mess!  So much so, that even walking on it , your boots slid all over the place.  And it was POURING on and off with rain!!

So Mr T decided, he was not going to chance it and ride, too dangerous!!  The mud was ½ metre deep and through some river sections  So, seeing that Locktite was bringing up the rear with the trailer (on which Locktite’s bike and the rest of the luggage was on) we stood and waited for him..

Leaving Mr T with his bike,, I climbed in the car with Locktite and his family and the rode to the hotel was the worst ever.  Car and trailer travelling at snails pace slipping and sliding all over the road.  Bypassed a huge delivery truck , which, by the way it was standing had ‘TRIED’ to avoid the hectic mud, slid over to the one side!  Needless to say it was a hellish, hectic ride, and by the time Locktite returned with Mr T and his bike on the trailer it was 4 hours later!  And during all this time the rain never let up!!!!

When the sun came up….eventually about 2 days later we all ventured out on a walk-about around the hotel gardens and also took a drive,  in the car, no less to Underberg for a little sight seeing and also check the surface of the road after all the rain! 

Now for some pics to show ya'all!  First up, Mr.T's bike on a TRAILER!!  Its a first!! :laughing4:

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

Pictures of the Hotel and surroundings, when the rain let up and we were able to do a little walking around.

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

Oh dear!  Mr.T's bike is still on the trailer!!  ::)

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

Next session, I shall post some pics of Mr T and Locktite's adventure into Sani Pass!