CONLY'S ROAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi all. I was introduced to the group while shopping for an 800GS about three weeks ago. Some may remember about the 2010 Lava orange one for sale in the Strand. Well, I bought the bike without seeing it and Julian Neethling of Superbike Solutions went to fetch the bike because I was out of the country in Iraq and he is now doing some normal mods like PCV, steering damper, front shocks mod etc.

A mate of mine lives in Thailand and he is starting a bike hire setup for his wife to run while he is working on the same project as me. He needed help to set up the bike and I had a month to kill, so here I am in Thailand doing a trip that is blowing my mind.

Fisrtly the trip had to have some meaning apart from just setting up the bike and here it is. The guy I bought the GS from is in hospital with cancer and this trip is dedicated to Conly. If anyone wants to follow the trip, search on Facebook for "Thailand 2014 - Conly's Road" and I will accept your friend request.

I am doing the trip on a 2014 Honda CRF 250 M. My route started in Chanthaburi and I stay close to the borders going anticlockwise around the country. The trip is run unassisted and solo. It is day 7 now and my first rest day.

Let me close this intro by sayng that when i get back to SA in November, I really want to meet Conly and say thank you for him wearing his orange banbanna for this trip.

Stay strong Buddy.