De Wildt Off Road Toy Run - 6 December 2009 (Sunday)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Adventure MX

The Friends of De Wildt Committee would like to finish the year off with a bang.  We want to use the toy run as the final event for the year.  Next year we going to embark on a number of initiatives to keep the riding area open for all off road riders.

https://friendsofdewildt.co.za

As a committee member of FOD I would like to bring the Dual Sport discipline to the initiative and would therefore like to get the Wilddogs together on the 6th December 2009.  First of all to make this a success we need the following:

1. Toys - New or Old
2. Sweets

My premises will be available for a drop off point, for any WD's that would like to donate the above but that cannot make the ride.  Please guys, I know we have had to do plenty this year but I would like to make a worthwhile effort from the DS riders.

The starting point of this ride will be the 3 Fences Shop (Menlyn) S25 24.039  E27 52.904.  If we can meet around 8am for 8:30am then we can have a riders briefing and help distribute any extra goods amongst the riders.  I will make up a route that will incorporate Ramogatla, Rietgat, Jericho and Ga Tsogwe (The Rock Village).  The route will not be technical at all and all riders will be able to ride.  The route will be basic dust roads and twee spoor tracks with a bit of sand on a odd spot here and there.

What you need to do....................
Bring yourself with as many toys and sweets as possible in a back pack.  If the toys do happen to run out then we can distribute the sweets to the kids.  The best is to get a couple of bulk packs eg: lollipops, chomps, big chewy sweets, etc etc.
The distance we will cover is not very big but it is about making a presence and giving the kids something.

After the ride I would like to move back to the original starting point as this has a very nice shabeen.  We can then finish off the day with a cold one and a couple of chats.  You can then make your own way back home again.

Please guys, I am looking for some support here.  The Quad and MX riders have got their plans on the go and I would like the DS riders to help out as well.

I have spoken to a couple of my regular support crew who have indicated their willingness to attend:

Myself
Plothond
Jaghond
Slick
Tocadisco