Doodsakker Angola - April 13 to 27

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DREWMARX

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
Hi Fellow Dogs,

So we're doing the Doodsakker in April! If there are guys who want to join the trip and can commit, then please do so via a personal whatsapp to me: +27seven65nine762eight3.

The lunar calendar shows that it will be full moon/spring tide on the 19th of April. We are a little pressed for time and can only depart from Pretoria on the 13th. Which gives us 6 days to get to the start of the "gauntlet". We should be able to do this comfortably, if there aren't any breakdowns. Currently we are three riders and one back-up vehicle. My dad cannot ride as he has some health issues, and our neighbour does not ride, but they really want to join the trip, and I don't mid having a lighter bike and putting some items on a back-up vehicle. Honestly, the more the merrier. If there are others who only want to accompany in a vehicle, you are also welcome.

We plan to either trailer all the bikes to Uis or Ruacanna and ride on the bikes from there with the back-up vehicle/vehicles following.

I am an Angola Virgin and excited about doing this. We are starting our logistics planning and detailed trip planning in earnest this week and will post an updated plan next week.

Open to suggestions and positive criticism on what to and what no to etc. I know it might be a really warm time of year in Angola, but we'll just have to stick it out as this is a now or never sort of situation.

Kind Regards

Drew