Dullstroom solo trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smallies

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So I am a newbie to this forum, and this is my first post, so be gentle with the comments.

Decided on Thursday last week that I needed to get away for the weekend to test my recently purchased 'lightweight' camping gear, before I go on longer trips. Basically to see what works, and what doesn't, what I need and don't need!

A quick search on the internet, and I found a trout farm that offers camping facilities just outside of Dullstroom called Elandsfontein Farm.

Left at around lunchtime on Friday in pouring rain, after canceling the trip about ten times in my head (because of the rain) Left Centurion and the rain stopped when I hit the N4.

What a great weekend it turned out to be !!

Stopped off at the Ultra City near Middelburg. I was the only one wearing my raincoat ... They were not from Centurion!
IMG_1578.jpg

From the turnoff about 8km of dirt road, and great scenery.
IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

Arriving at the campsite area. Wow !
IMG_1579.jpg

Assembling my new ATG stretcher for the first time. Did not believe Pauli when he said it was easy to set up. Took less that 10minutes ! And it works !
IMG_1580.jpg

Camp all set up. Don't you just love camping!
IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

View from my tent.
IMG_1607-1.jpg
Breakfast at Dullstroom the next morning. This little town only wakes up after 10 in the morning.
IMG_1599.jpg

Lawnmowers Saturday morning.
IMG_1595-1.jpg

More scenery
IMG_1617.jpg
IMG_1584-1.jpg