Engine Break in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryhcs

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I have searched the forum for this and found 2 or 3 threads. Every one seems to have their own way to break in an engine, rev it to the max, lug it, ride it easy as the manual says, the manual is wrong, wara wara wara!

It seems there is no way to do this, because each person knows better than the next one? Personally I cannot see how Kawasaki could be wrong in their own manual? And then again all the others makes sense.

I am wondering if there is any "proof" or stats on the matter.

Im currently breaking in my engine, (I had it rebuilt because I broke it by riding without oil apparently! ). The mechanic said take it to 5th gear with LOW revs then open it up to about 3000rmp and do engine breaking the whole time back to that revs. But then in another article they are like "DONT DO THAT!!!". WTF?

Are there just many ways to skin a cat? Or does know one really now what they are talking about?

This shit makes you stress about your engine because you might be doing it wrong, so Im not sure if mine will do 120 000km's...Hope it will!!

Any one with proof of any method?

then on the other hand again, does all KLR's use oil ? If not why does some use oil? Break in related?