Found the airhead I have been looking for at last.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blainec

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
My first BMW was a R 80 GS P/D that I bought in 1993. It was a huge adjustment coming of Jap bikes both super bikes if I remember correcly I had a Kwak ZZR 1100 and Yamaha IT models. I than discovered adventure riding and I really loved the PD. Long story short I sold the PD  and have regretted it  ever since.  As time went on I have owned 7 or 8 GS's and love the new technology but still have a soft spot for the old legends. There is nothing better than cruising along on a dirt road on an airhead. I tend to be more relaxed , ride slower, see more , smell more, and most importantly enjoy it more.

After searching for the right bike for a couple of years I finally hit the jackpot, the right bike came along at the right time ( I could afford to buy it) and the rest is history.

My bike is a blue 1984 R 80 GS with just short of 70K on the clock it runs very well and just needs  some TLC. I am not fond of blue bikes and in my opinion the bike looks better with a white tank and the orange seat , so that is where I am going.

I will now attempt to post some pics of the bike, the last pic is what I hope the end result will look like.

Attachments

• DSCN0269 low res.jpg
    DSCN0269 low res.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN0248.jpg
    DSCN0248.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 222
  • DSCN0279.jpg
    DSCN0279.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCN0281.jpg
    DSCN0281.jpg