Garden route by bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
There have probably been a number of posts about the Garden route already, but as a Dutch saying goes... I can't see the forest through all the trees. Me and a group of 5 people are planning to do the Garden route for 5 days starting in Cape Town, driving up to port Elizabeth in 4 days, during as much as possible along the way and driving back in one day to Cape Town. Me and another guy will be going by off-road bikes, while the other 3 will rent a car. What's in the planning so far is staying at backpacker hostels along the way, doing the highest bungee jump in the world, doing cangoo caves, and doing Addo elephant park, also some surfing at Jeffreys bay.

Do you guys have any suggestions of some off-road routes near the Garden Route that we absolutely have to see/experience, or other definite biker related touristic stuff we absolutely have to do?  8)

Also I'd like to ask if someone can recommend a cheap, but reasonably good company to rent two off-road bikes? We're all students, so money is unfortunately not available in abundance.  :-\