Got my KLR, and here I am!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakkalsman

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi y'all,

I have a few Dog friends who made me "lus" for the whole adventure touring thing, so I browsed the internet (mostly this cool forum!) and the decision was between a KLR, DR and a Dakar.  Well, after considering that this would be my very first bike, I decided to go for an older KLR - robust, kannie-dood, and easy to fix, IF things go wrong.

So, I found my sizzling red 2004 lady, in very good shape and a reasonable price, doohickey already replaced.  My fellow Dogs, very excited for me, and having sooooooo much confidence in my skills as a first time biker, immediately took me through the Grootrivierpoort between PE and Steytlerville... right after the big rain, with terrain where even 4x4's would have to think twice and the river coming down higher than in 20 years!  Needless to say, that I drowned my girl in the river, but I was quick on the kill-switch and we got her going within 30 minutes again!  Glad about my choice in bike!  :)

So, here I am, boasting a small scar already (didn't even have the correct gear at the time), announcing myself as a fellow Dog, hoping to share many more stories of mud, sweat and dust...

Yours truely,
Jakkalsman!

PS, I live in Uitenhage, Eastern Cape...