GPSmap 62s hangs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogas

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
I have recently bought a second hand GPSmap 62s from a forum member, its great but I have discovered a couple of niggles and hope that I can find help here.
It is running firmware version 3.40, apparently there is a later one. When I connect the unit to my Mac running Basecamp I get prompted to update. When I do so the download goes ok until 100% but then a message comes up to say that the connection has failed and I should try again or words to that effect.
The second and most annoying thing happens when I am navigating. It seems to be related to the speed camera warning feature. The unit hangs with the red banner across the top warning about the speed limit. The keys don't respond, the screen is frozen and the battery has to be removed to get it to re-boot.
I would be happy to simply turn off this speed warning feature if I could find out how. Have searched on the unit itself and the user manual with no success.
Thanks in advance.