HELP - KLR rear sus pivot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gromit

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I recently had some work done on the rear shock on my KLR. When putting the shock back I noticed that a seal on the suspension pivot was badly worn. On closer inspection I realized that the pivot unit had taken a bit of a knock on one of my rides, leaving a noticeable ding on the edge of on leaver-arms mounting points. This then put strain on the roller bearings in the unit and resulted in them seizing. Although needing repair this was not my biggest worry. I decided to remove the entire suspension pivot as this would obviously either need repair or replacement. I then proceeded to remove the suspension pivot from the frame mounts, this is where my worries started. I can only assume that due to one to many water crossings the long bolt mounting the pivot to the frame had picked up some corrosion. I removed the nut without to much effort but the bolt seems pretty stuck in place. I can turn the bolt but it will not move out.

Can anyone help with some ideas on how to get this bolt out? I am pretty distraught here    :'(