Hi There

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F700GS
Believe it or not, I am a 59 year old who bought my first bike ever in January this year - Goal 2021 was to get my learners licence and a bike. My wife is of the opinion that I am going through a mid life crises and I would more often than not agree with her, but not on this one - Not at all......

I have wanted a bike since I was about 14 years old - Back then is was the Honda CB50 and then as I grew older, the good old Kawasaki Z1000 - None of these materialized until December 2020 and while sitting at a camping spot I set the goal for 2021

I started the good old google search, looked at just about anything that had to do with motorbikes and could not watch enough YouTube clips - I finally set my heart on a BMW F750GS and found one in the middle of the Freestate, in Bloemfontein of all places - The last time I was there was in 1982 when I completed back then, compulsory National service (Good old memories for the older men on this forum)

The rest is history as they say in the classics - I got my learners, on a Sunday nogal, and on the Monday I submitted my offer to purchase - Man oh man, was I surprised when Tilly's delivered the bike to my home in Somerset West - She is more than I had expected - A real beaut, and now without much doubt, my second wife

Thanks guys, safe riding, take care and look forward to interacting with all you like minded bike fanatics - Henri

Attachments

• 750.jpg
    750.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 60