Hi you crazy people!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I'm Dawie and new to the forum....duh

Ok, well im from PE but working in Pta. Met Blauth and went on the most awesome ride.  I thought I knew how to ride (owned my first bike in 2009 only) and then realised I'm a newbie and wannabe...lol

My first bike was an awesome XR600 which I sold to a forum member who wrote reviews on the trip back from PE to CT.  I currently have a KLR650 which is sort of fulfilling in my needs but not as exciting as the XR.  I'm in the process of getting an XR650R and will keep both bikes as both have different uses.

I enjoy working on a bike and servicing myself.  Engine and carb tuning I know nothing about but keen to learn.  Got some mods ahead of me on the klr to make it a better offroad toy. I'll be asking advice as soon as I'm confident with the forum.

Im in the Electical Engineering sector and work as a PLC programmer.  I should have studied Mechanical Eng.... Love tools and would love the time to work on the bike every weekend....

I have lots to share about redoing the cosmetics and frame of an XR600.  I kept track of all the places I went to for certain stages of the project as well as what I paid for everything.....  From frame painting to anodising to hubs paint and baking. Got advice on SSteel spokes which is an expensive upgrade....

Chat to you soon!

Dawie