Honest question...not looking to stir....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolf

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
1200GS LC (non-Adv) or 1190 Adv R

I'm considering either both from 2014 / 15 (I gather the 2013 LC is a no go?) onwards with a max budget of R135k ish cash. Depending on mileage and condition both go more or less for the same price except I find the GS prices seem a bit inflated. Dunno why.

I was under the impression that the GSs are by far the most reliable and with the least amount of "issues" to fix when compared to the 1190 but it seems there are still some things to consider.

With the 1190, is it really that bad? Seems like it is only really the airbox issue. In other words, same as the 690/701...just grease the lid when you change the filter and it is sorted. Question would be whether the previous owner did this or not and whether there will now be damage caused at the mileage I'm looking at.

I'm not looking to replace the 701. I just want a big adventure bike that I can get on and do a long trip but also gravel and not have to worry about shit going wrong all the time.