How peeved-off would you be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColD

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
I took my bike to a bike shop in the week for the to fit some new tires. I called ahead, the day I too it in as it was I the late afternoon, but was assured that it was not a problem, when I got the the store there was some hesitation if it could be done( after having spoken to them about 30 minutes before), so I offered to return the next day. I had specifically mentioned I did not want it rushed potentially getting half a job, alas I should have trusted my gut and left just there and then, but I did not. They where busy with another bike doing something so one of the guys at the shop said he would help and get it done but he had to be out by a certain time , I did not hang around and watch the change the tires as I had a some business around corner from the shop so popped out and left the pros to get on with it.

A few minutes after I returned the job was completed,  it was now 15 or 20 minutes past when the dude was supposed to leave or there about, being grateful that dude that stayed past his deadline I flipped him a fifty buck tip, and went to pay. 

"Karma that's bull" so a different dude at the till rings up the job, I hand him my card, and then he gives me the slip to sign, ..he only charged me for 1 tire not the two, so I brought this to his attention and he rang up the second and duly paid, and went off on my merry way.

All was good at this point, I had a short ride on Saturday, to visit some folks 15 km all still good,  then Sunday morning off I went from JHB to PTA, to hook up with a mate for a planned run to Cullinan, on a mix of dirt and tar trying to do as much dirt as possible.

The riding was good, until, I grabbed my front brake at some stage ,and felt the lever collapse under the pressure of my hand, ...pump, pump and it's back, a concern but I was unable  pull over right there, in any case the brake seems as it was working fine now, about  2 km's up the road a hear a ghastly rattle, so I pull over immediately to find one of my two front brake calipers had completely fallen off and was dangling from the cables. Both bolts that secure the caliper had fallen out. WTF. My eye catches the new tyre and we I did some maths 2 + 2 = the frikken dude that changed the tyres did not fasten the bolts , causing the caliper to fall out.  

Needless to say, it spoilt my ride my day,and could have cost me a hell of lot more, I shudder to think had the caliper ended up in my spokes at speed. 

So my question to you all, how should I now proceed with this matter.
Name and shame the bike shop.
Assault the dude that changed the tyre
Or just get over it Sh[¥ happens

What would you do?