I passed my license today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rampokker

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
I just had to share it with someone, so I figured if anyone will appreciate it it will be you guys.
I was a bit worried because my learners was about to expire and if I did not make it I would have to do my learners again as I don't think they would have been able to give me another booking before month end.
I figured instead of just "bragging" that I got my licence I will share my experience, maybe someone can learn something from it.
I did the K53 preparation course at BMW Motorrad (because there is no Triumph Motorad  ;) ), and these guys were great, they really prepared me for everything, after the training I was so nervous I thought I would never pass this test and starting looking for a place to practice close to home, BMW does allow you to practice for free at Swartkops but it's a hellova commute from Edenvale. I found Wendy's Driving School at the Checker Hyper in Edenvale and they allow you to practice on their grounds for R30 a hour, I went there 2 to 3 times a week for the last 2 weeks and I made it.
This morning I was pleasantly surprised with the whole test experience, John Retief at Edenvale testing station tested me and he made me feel so comfortable, he was not trying to catch me out, he just wanted to see if I can ride a bike (I'm not sure if I can really ride a bike yet but at least I was able to convince him), test started at 9:00 and I was out of there at 10:00 paperwork done, fingerprints the whole thing, I thought it would take the best part of my morning.

Next step is to learn to handle my bike offroad, then the adventure can really start.

Cheers