I think I lost the plot!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Brown

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Ok, I finally got my riding boots, neck brace, riding pants etc all together. I've managed to wear and figure out everything except the boots.

They make you walk like Darth Vader after having a piles operation, cause my wife to have fits of the giggles when she sees me trying to walk in them, and they have me at a total loss as to just how the hell I'm supposed to change gears when on the bike. I have lowered the foot pegs, raised the gear lever and even tried using the side of the boot. Neither of these solutions seem to work and I'm obviously doing something wrong here  ??? The problem seems to be that I can't bend my foot ( understandable as the boot is not supposed to bend ) to "catch" the gear lever, and when I try and use the side of the boot, the gear lever just slips on the side of the O'Niel Element boot.

Could somebody please tell me how I should adjust the foot pegs, gear lever, my foot or whatever so that I can use these very lekker boots when I go out and ride? At the moment I use all the ATGATT except the boots as they would probably cause me to have an accident when trying to change gear.

TIA