Intro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stofperd

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I have been visiting the forum for the last 3 years, mostly reading ride reports. I had a Dakkie in this time which took me to some of these spots, a few Cederberg trips to Nuwerust (and beyond) and some short Sunday afternoon trips just for fun. When I found myself in a position to upgrade, I did what everybody warns you about if you are not considering buying something else, take a new bigger bike for a test drive. I had a few bikes that would fit my riding requirements, the Tenere 660z, the 800gs and the Tiger 800xc. Since there was no tenere available for test drive and the engine size not much of an upgrade on the bmw 650, that option has been scrapped. Both 800’s where really exciting to ride, and the dakkie felt like it had flat tyres after this exercise. The Tiger was the road trip winner for the short test drive I had, what a lekker bike - but in the end my preference was with the bmw for the more torque it delivers at lower refs, and this choice was even made easier when one of my mates decided to offload his well-loved and cared for 800gs. For the moment it is quite welcome in my lounge, but I suppose it will eventually find it’s way to the carport.
And for the orange tyre-eating monsters, at this stage I don’t really want to test my skill limits, but who knows, maybe I will take one for a test drive in the years to come.
En vir die naam stofperd, ek het eers begin met stofwolk, na aanleiding van die paar plase wat ek in Namaqua park se sandduine gekoop het, toe met stofstreep, die prentjie in my kop van ‘n bike op die r355, op pad na Verneukpan, maar die website meen die name is reeds geneem. Toe kies ek maar stofperd, ek ry maar meestal sweeper in ons groepie (of vreet stof vir die team). Sorry Stofdonkie, ek het nie probeer om jou style te krimp nie, eers later gesien jy bestaan.

Attachments

• DSCN1350_640x480.jpg
    DSCN1350_640x480.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 93