Is this possible? Houwhoek to Highlands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oilspill

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Having bought an XCX a few months ago  (already done 3500 km) I am having a blast just  getting out there and riding as much dirt as I can find.  This bike loves the stuff (it also loves the tar twisties) and its incredible how much fun you can have out there.   This last weekend, while riding out to join the family weekend away,  I  found the old  dirt pass along the railway line down from Houwhoek to Botriver, a very nice way to get down to Botriver.   If you have not done it you must, just take the little gap in the barrier on the left after the Houwhoek Inn and just before the N2 becomes double to go down the pass.   Then turn immediately right and you are on it.  It comes out at the bottom of the pass and you can join the N2 again or go through Botriver and on to more dirt.   

Anyway I digress, what I need to know is if anyone knows if bikes are allowed to ride  from Houwhoek though the nature reserve to the Highlands road...https://goo.gl/maps/LRR48KHsUoE2.   If it is allowed I will get out there on the weekend, otherwise I will explore next time I am in the area.

Also is it possible to get a permit to ride in the forests?