Jubilee Ride - Nairobi to Cape Town and Back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kartoem

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
A group of Kenyan bikers will depart from Nairobi on 12 December 2013 enroute to Cape Town and then turn back again on a planned 34 day round trip charity ride called the Jubilee Ride. The group will consist of 7 bikes and 3 back-up vehicles. The bikes are a mix of BMW and Yamaha models.

Understandably the group has not made any forward bookings for accommodation as to remain flexible with the tour itinerary (in my humble opinion a very ambitious itinerary ito planned daily distances to ride). Through my contact with the group leader over the past 2 years he has now requested my help and suggestions on suitable accommodation (mainly of a camping nature as their budget is thinly spread) in the towns that they are planning to overnight.

Dawgs, I need your input! Their planned tour itinerary is attached. Any advice or suggestions on good campsites that may be able to accommodate our fellow African biker friends during their tour of Southern Africa will be greatly appreciated. I know it is holiday season and that a campsite in a coastal town will be as scarce as hens teeth, but if you know of "anything", even off the beaten track, it will be well appreciated. O yes, they are also looking to service their bikes in either Johannesburg or Cape Town during their visit.

Does anyone know if the BMW and Yamaha dealers are open for business during the Christmas to New Year period? For that matter anyone that is capable and willing to service bikes during that period?

Attachments

• JUBILEE RIDE NAIROBI TO CAPE TOWN ITINERARY.pdf
    52.7 KB · Views: 13