KLR Walkerville Sunday 2009.05.10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cono

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
The worst part about starting a ride report, is trying to remember the names of all who attended the event. So, I will start it up and as we progress, each of the riders will add to the great ride had by all.

First BIG THUMBS UP goes to Doctor KLR for the planning and great route, at times we had a history lesson of the area, the sites and environment.  A total of 100km starting out early from Grahams home in Walkerville, where everyone got to see the Doctor KLR workshop full of bikes and spares.

An EXTRA BIG THUMBS UP, to my hero's of the day: SlowMo and Caroline, his wife. Damn, they did the entire route TWO UP. Two excellent riders, joined to the seat by a sense of adventure, and willing to go where many other riders have never gone before. They rode out a couple of days before Sunday from the East Rand to live with their parents close to Walkerville to make sure they will be in time for the epic ride.

A big THANKS to Jules and the guys, Robin, Roberts, etc (please correct errors and names, where wrong), who rode out from the West Rand. It was a gathering in the South of Johannesburg from the East and the West, with local Walkerville Rangers. (Deep South)

The Mid South/ slightly East guys, Shaun and Ross, there were there. If you watch this report, I'm sure Ross will detail his slip and slide and bumping along the ground in a very tricky corner.

11 bikes in total. Now to ensure we do not continue any further debate about the exclusivity of the ride, let be state right now, that all the riders 12 were on KLR's. (I have the photo's to prove it and these will be provided shortly).

Mud holes and monsters, they were there. Ski slopes, the Circus, Railroad, Hide-Away-Pub and Wimpy Lunch, Water crossings under bridges, Deep South Pub, Eye of Africa.....it's amazing the number of sites which is found in a radius of 100km.

Now I will leave the rest of the epic adventure to the rest of the KLR's.