KTM Clutch Master Cylinder blockage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Camelman

Dudes!

Without boring you on how it got there, the moral of the story is:

I need to bleed my clutch, but there seems to be a blockage in the master cylinder between the reservoir and the cylinder. Pumping the clutch leaver causes air (and the bit of fluid left in the pipe)  to come out the slave end of the hose, but as I leave the clutch it sucks air from the this end, and not fluid from the reservoir as expected.

Extensive googling led me to believe that something is blocking the fluid intake hole between the reservoir and the cylinder.
This is what I've tried so far:
1) Bleeding from the bottom with a syringe. Result: Nothing comes out the top, the hose around the syringe popped, and I got a eye full of biodegradable clutch fluid. :'(
2) Bleeding from the top, by filling the reservoir, pumping the leaver, and all that. Result: Nothing. Air blows and sucks from the nozzle end of the hose.  ???
3) Extensive swearing.  Result: Nothing as well.  :xxbah:

On some of the forums, okes reckon you should whack it with a mallet. Problem is, where do I find that DJ from Clanwilliam?