• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - clutch master resleeve assistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasZA

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Here's hoping someone can point me in the right direction :)

I'm struggling with my clutch master and slave on my 990 adventure. I just received my oberon slave today - but I was hoping to replace the master too since that seal is also wearing... but not at the price KTM are asking... :xxbah:
currently the fluid in the reservoir looks more like black paint... I don't want that working its way into the new slave...

was hoping to find someone local to do something similar to this... if its stripped down getting machined - it would be nice to improve as much as possible in 1 shot...
https://advrider.com/f/threads/ktm-950-990adv-clutch-master-cylinder-resleeving.941552/

I'm fine with changing piston size if need be - but would be happier if whoever gets the machining done could source the rebuild kit or seals - I've not had great luck with wrong parts from KTM - so just makes more sense than playing broken telephone. I believe (and stand to be corrected) that stock is 10.5mm piston - but due to wall thickness etc - people suggest using the 9.5mm piston. I am happy with whichever option...

Super keen to get it done ASAP since its my commuter - and definitely want the master sorted before replacing the slave... Would be awesome if it was someplace up in Gauteng - but if not, I am more than happy to strip the clutch master and send it wherever...

Any pointers to anyone that can help would be massively appreciated!