Late start newby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charel

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Hi all,

I am Charel and is from the East Rand.
I found this site through the Amageza site and very happy that I did cause it seems like a good active site with allot of information on here. Well done :thumleft:

I used to be into MX bikes and riding tracks, not competing just for my own pleasure, but since have sold the MX bike and was not riding for 3 years.
Recently I told the wife I want to get back in the saddle and decided to give quads a go cause I never had one, so I bought a Bombardier DS650 X.
Although it is a great quad, I still somehow feel I probably made a mistake cause it seems there are not too many events that cater for quads.

I am almost 34 and I have always wanted to do Rally/Enduro events but never had the opportunity but now I can start working on that dream.
I would like to start training and casually compete in rally / Baja events cause I love the idea of navigation combined with the racing, BIG DAKAR FAN BOY...LOL :ricky:

Now after spending a couple of days on this forum trying to find out if any Rally's cater for quads I am not finding anything, but now atleast I can use the search function so will be doing that.

If it mean that I must look at getting on two wheels again to be able to compete in these events then it is something I am willing to do.

Anyway, long first post out of the way and looking forward to learning allot from you more experienced riders and hopefully joining you on a Rally in the future.

Cheers