Leaking fuel pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Good morning guys.

In order to understand my frustration I need to share what feels like a never ending nightmare. My KTM bombed out December last year, and it turned out to be the fuel pump. So I phoned around and got some quotes, R2000 from the dealers  :eek:. So I asked on the forum and the guys advised that I should look at the Facet pump, which I did, but I could not find one, the spares shops did not recognise the part number. I then turned to ebay and ordered a pump from China for 50 USD (bargain) in January. After many e-mails and phone calls between the dealer and our Post office I accepted that I will never see the pump. So I ordered one from the UK for 40 odd pounds and had it delivered in Italy (I was there for work a few weeks ago)
It took them four days to deliver, no hassles :thumleft:

So I get back with pump in hand, fitted it only to find that the battery is shot  :patch: So i buy another battery. Yesterday I fitted the battery and started the bike. It was a lovely sound to hear again. As I proceeded to box everything up, I noticed that the pump is leaking fuel. At first I thought it was on the nozzles, but it turns out that the housing seems the be the problem.

That gentlemen is my sob story.. here is the question...what can I use to seal the housing? Sending it back is not an option with the current postal strikes etc.
Someone suggested rescue tape??