Lood se pad and Dinokeng game reserve ride. Lets try again. Sunday 19 oct.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wdrift

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
I will be riding a loop around rust de winter dam and back via the Dinokeng game reserve on sunday.

I want to meet up at the Sasol garage in front of the Tswane China mall (Zambesi mall previously) at around 8 the morning for coffee and fuel.
Then we ride north via some skelm dirt and sandy bits and onto the tar at R.R butchery near Cullinan. Head north on that road before turning right onto the De tweede spruit gravel road. Head left when that hist the T-junction and left again on the first gravel road to moloto. From moloto it is around 21km of tar road flanking various game reserves to the next dirt section (lood se pad). This bit has a few jumps and bumps to contend with and also has a bit of sand. We ride through Rust de winter town and do 17km or boring tar till the turn off towards Dinokeng. The stretch from the turn off till the entrance to the game reserve is quite scenic with some wildlife behind game fences and there is a dirt section to take around there as well.

Entering the Dinokeng reserve is just pressing a button and getting a ticket with a bar code for when we exit again. Now this is a big five reserve where they have wild animals, I will ride slowly to enjoy nature and look for dangerous game. We should be ok, but it is a risky thing to do. After the game reserve it is the dirt highway from hammanskraal back before we take the longer dirt route back towards the starting point.

There is a fuel station at rust de winter and one in the game reserve, I am not willing to bet my life on them having fuel but the chances should be good.

We could eat something at the garage in rust de winter but its no restaurant just a small fast food joint.

It isnt a fast ride but if you are not comfortable with sand it may be best to avoid this ride. Any bikes can join, but if you are faced with a lion charging at 80km/h a 125cc chinese bike may not be ideal...  :imaposer:.

This route takes me about 3hours to ride normally but I do ride it a bit on the fast side. So you can plan on being out for about 5 hours plus.