Make way.... we are Riding Gods !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

douw

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Not usually my style to bitch.....  but I want to put this out there anyway...

This past weekend myself and 4 friends were on an outride around Pta East & surrounds...  Lekker weather and a bit of mud.  

We were 4 bikes with one pillion on a 990 and a fairly new lady rider on a 800.  

We left my plot at 07h30 and did some of the usual little back roads around the Bronkhorstspruit Dam and out towards Cullinan.

We encountered a few groups and I was amazed at the lack of consideration & common courtesy that some of these people expressed.  

As the route we used crisscrossed with some other known routes we kept on coming across the same groups again and again.  

My gripe is that most of these riders… especially one group who clearly thought of themselves as "Riding Gods”  did not even have the courtesy to greet in passing and sped past without even considering the dust, mud and stone flinging they would cause.

As we often had to wait for some of our group to catch up we were roosted on more than one occasion….

Having lived out here on the plotte for +12 years I also have a huge regard for others who also use the area on weekends like families on a hike, mountain bikers and horse riders.

At one stage a group came past us a breakneck speed… roosting our slower group.. and speeding past 2 women on horses.  These poor girls had to do everything in their power to keep their animals under control.

I was fairly embarrassed when I got a call on Sunday as one of the horse riders recognized my bike and felt that she should ask if I knew who the offending crowd was.

I am obviously not going to name and shame any of you ( cause I think that would be k@k style)… but if you read this… and you feel guilty… then try to be a little more considerate next time……

The rest of us should also consider that the actions of a few riders always effects people’s opinion of us all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.